15 April 2007

Nursery pics!







Okay, so this room is still a work in progress, but we got so much done on it this weekend that I couldn't wait to show it off! This first pic is what you see from the doorway: the green toile valance was made by my wonderful mother-in-law. The second pic is of course the crib, with one of my favorite things in the room, the canopy! I always wanted one as a little girl, so now I'm letting my little girl start out with a beautiful one with rosebuds. (Jay says he's going to drill an extra screw or two through the metal to make sure this thing that will be above our sleeping baby's head is secure.) The next pic is of our glider, currently without cushions and an ottoman, as they are being covered with beautiful Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic fabric and pink chenille. I can't wait! I'm really proud of the framed pics to the left of the chair; they're vintage prints of little girls playing that my Mom had hanging in mine and my sister's room when we were little. The next pic is of our changing table, which, along with the crib, came from my brother Tyler's nursery. We added the pink knobs. I did the paint job with stencils. I painted the flowers and vines in two other spots in the room, too. The changing table is also missing a cover, which I'm also waiting on (They're on our Target registry, hint hint!). I had to get my dollhouse bookcase in the pics, too, so that's what's in the last pic, even though the wall above it is not done yet, and the bookcase is not quite arranged the way I want it--but isn't it cute? Mom got it for me from Target. Once we give Little Bell a name (our new nickname for her, as Jay and my brother Kyle like to call me Big Bell, short for Big Belly), I'll also add these vintage wallpaper letters from Land of Nod. I'm also planning on doing a fabric-covered bulletin board once I have the leftover fabric from the chair project, and maybe also doing some sort of arrangement with these flower wall cards, also from Land of Nod. PLUS I've got a hand-painted quilt rack a lady at our church made for us, but it's waiting on a quilt.

Yay for nesting energy! If only that would carry over to this Psych paper I have to write...

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Aw Kim, It looks great. Like something out of that Lowes book that you have. You did such a great job and everything is perfect. Can't wait to see it IRL next weekend. I am finally making a slight bit of progress. I got the old border down in the nursery and need to touch up the paint. TTYL!

Anonymous said...

KIM, THE NURSERY IS SOOOOO CUTE.
YOU'LL DID A WONDERFUL JOB. LITTLE MISS ????? WILL LOVE IT. MAYBE "BELLE" WILL BE THE NAME. AUDREY WORKED ON KERRIGAN'S NURSERY TODAY. MARY K.

Anonymous said...

Kim,
All this room needs is Little Bell in it! It is beautiful, and I love the picture w/your belly:). Can't wait to meet Miss Mauck in person...what a great Mother's Day you'll be celebrating this year. We love you! Aunt Neila

Anonymous said...

looks very very cute, your decorating skills have really developed! see you at the shower!
--sis

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! We love it!!!
E, L, and Emma