15 October 2007

Long, tall Claire!


Well, we went for Claire's four-month check-up today (even though she's five months old--I missed her four-month appointment and had to reschedule. Bad mother of the week, folks!). She took her shots fairly well. About two minutes of outraged, hurting crying, which hurts me, too, but then she calmed down pretty quickly. This evening, I've had to give her Tylenol again, as she's started fussing again, and it's her "I'm hurting" fuss. It's so neat to be able to tell what she's feeling by the way she cries. In the beginning, I felt like I was just trying different things until something worked, but now I feel like I know what's wrong and have an arsenal of remedies to choose from.
Claire's becoming more and more social. Today she grinned at anybody who talked to her: the doctor, the nurses (before they stabbed her), the receptionist. Everyone was delighted with her. One of my favorite moves is when someone talks to her and she gets so delighted that she kicks her legs and buries her head in my neck for second. Prelude to peek-a-boo?
She's in the 50th percentile for weight, and the 90th for height! So she's a long baby. Jay is convinced this means she's inherited some of our recessive height genes. I don't think we can rush to any conclusions just yet.
This pic is Claire in her toy basket. She loves to pick through and choose things to stick in her mouth.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Claire is so BEAUTIFUL!! She's getting so much bigger!!