21 December 2006

Christmas hubbub

Hey all, sorry for the lag in posting. I've been reading blogs, just not posting on mine! One thing that takes up a lot of my Internet time is reading entries and checking out photos on my aunt and uncle's journey in China to adopt a baby girl, Allie! It's very interesting; check it out here.

Other family news is that my mom and brothers will be hosting a foreign exchange student next semester! She's from Italy, her name is Angelica, and she's a senior like Kyle. Mom is trying to figure out how to give her the all-around American experience while being based in Coleman, OK. Any ideas? So far, we've thought about a fun spring break trip, either snow-skiing or NYC, whichever Angelica prefers, a Dallas weekend that includes a viewing of the fab musical Wicked, OKC weekends to see OU sporting events and visit Bricktown, a trip to Fort Washita during its annual Rendezvous days, a farm experience with the Willinghams, and a trip to Indiana for an American wedding (congrats, cousin Caleb and Theresa!).

Meanwhile, Jay and I are bracing ourselves for a fun weekend of Christmas festivities: Friday night with the immediate Mauck family, Saturday at Calera again with Jay's mom's extended family, Sunday evening at my dad's house, and Christmas morning at my mom's house. Can't wait to see all the Pannells a week from Saturday!

All is well with the pregnancy; Little Miss is moving all over the place now! I've gained about eight pounds, which is actually a little less than normal. (When it becomes more than normal, I might be a little more hesitant to share the number!)

No comments: