06 November 2006

It's November?!!

We had a busy week so I'm little behind in posting!

Last Tuesday, Jay and I, his parents, and our friend Colby went to the OU/Oklahoma Christian exhibition basketball game at Lloyd-Noble in Norman! I was a little conflicted, sitting among Maucks (and oh yeah, I am one!), but wanting to yell "Go Big Red!" For the non-Maucks reading this, OC is a long Mauck tradition. Despite the fact that I'm Sooner-born and Sooner-bred, I've always liked cheering for the underdog, so I cheered OC onto a thrilling defeat by OU. Neither team is very good this year, so the game itself was not that much fun to watch. It was good to see people, though, especially my overworked, overstressed sister, who ate with us afterward! Jay got to visit with old college buddies, too, which he doesn't get to do enough.

I took off work Friday to study for my OSAT--I can't tell you what a relief it is that's over!! It was the most intense testing experience of my life! The GRE was harder, but this test seemed so much more important: If I can't pass this test, I thought, I'm not qualified to do the only job I can see myself doing! It took me three and a half hours (the Journalism OSAT took me only an hour and a half!), and my hand was seriously cramped when I got out of there. It's only 80 questions, but the majority of them were over a reading, from poems to Shakespeare to speeches to articles. Then came the essay question! That's what cramped my hand up so much. I was so in the zone that I didn't even look back over my answer sheet, which freaks me out a little. I just put down my pencil, got up, and handed my test in, all in a daze. Now I have to wait a month to see how I did!! However, I really think I passed, because I felt confident of my answers at least 75% of the time, and I'm sure my essay will get a really high score. Yay! I had a funny dream last night that I was taking the test again, but this time a bunch of people I knew from college were in there, and we were all hanging out and visiting, and having cokes, and I keep getting off on my answer sheet. In reality, you're not allowed to speak to ANYONE during the test, you can't have anything sitting on your desk, and you have to raise your hand to get a bathroom pass! Yikes!

1 comment:

East Coast Teacher said...

I wish you best of luck in maintaining the patience you'll need to wait for those scores.

I'll be taking my final teaching test this weekend - and from prior experience, know that waiting to find out if I passed may full well drive me nutty.