30 May 2006

Write this down: I. was. ... WRONG!

And my being wrong did not just affect me. Several people will now think I'm an idiot, and my husband could get in trouble. You readers are somewhat a party to this little debacle also. Remember my lovely little post about my dear hubby who I THOUGHT was quitting his jobs at the college? Well, turns out I was wrong. How could a wife be mistaken about her husband's quitting or continuing his job, you ask? By not listening very well, apparently. Jay did resign from his basketball job, but not his golf job. He has until June to decide whether or not he will continue on with that. Those imagined conversations my siblings have been accusing me of storing in my memory as fact appear to be real. I distinctly remember Jay telling me about talking to his boss about quitting the golf job. Me asking what his boss' reaction was. Us discussing his health insurance, how I would need to add him onto mine, since he would no longer be getting any from the college. So many of our conversations were based on my foregone conclusion that he has through with the college. How did he not catch me in this misconception? How did I continue on under it? Even telling my rather...ahem...talkative boss that my hubby would finish his employment at the college in June. This news then spread to a friend of hers whose son was just accepted onto the golf team, which was then spread to the son, which was then spread to the entire golf team!! The worst part of it? My boss' boss is Jay's boss, also. Did you catch that? This news could easily get back to Jay's boss, who has not been informed that Jay is resigning, because in fact, he's not. Oh, woe is me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY sounds like something I would do. We have those moments all the time and it's mainly because Elliott and I communicate completely different. GOOD LUCK!!