26 September 2007



Here, I was looking through a Pottery Barn catalog on the floor beside Claire. The sound of turning pages intrigued her so much that she scooted off her blanket up to the magazine, where she promptly devoured it. Like mother, like daughter!






This might seem a little weird that I'm tickling Claire with my foot, but you'll see in the video that she didn't laugh as much when I did it with my hand!

A couple more fun facts about Claire right now: The song "Little Bunny Foo Foo" has some sort of magical hypnotic power over her. When she's fussy, 7 times out of 10, if I sing this ditty, she'll calm down. That's only for carseat or bored fussy, not hungry or tired fussy. I can now sing this song and put on make-up, do mental lesson plans, eat a snack, etc. It's officially on the soundtrack of my life, along with "Hey, Hey We're the Monkeys!" (for my students) and "Sleep When I'm Dead" (except for those involuntary naps I take when I get home from school three days out of the week).

Claire is also teething now, we just officially realized last night. She's been drooling a lot for a couple weeks, but the last couple days, she's been having some fussy-for-no-reason spells, and last night she actually had a little fever, so she's gotten regular doses of Baby Tylenol since then, and she's been fine. Last night was a little rough, as I wasn't cognizant enough to give her the medicine until 4 a.m., when she'd already woken up twice before that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww too cute!

--sis