05 June 2007

The first month is officially over!

Well we're by no means experienced parents yet, but at least we're getting used to it. I'm back at work today, so I'll probably be crashing after lunch. Thank goodness my boss is letting me work from home part of the day; I might have to sneak in a quick nap!

Nights are going pretty good though, really. Last night, I fed Claire at about 10:30, she went to sleep around 11, and then she woke up at 2:45 and ate, and then again at 6:15. She has one four-hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep most nights. Then during the day she eats about every 2-3 hours, and takes catnaps in between. Another reason for my lag in posting last week was that Claire went through a bit of a "high-need" phase, which happens whenever they go through a growth spurt, I read in one of my books. These usually occur at 3wks, 6wks, 3 months, and on and off in between. It seemed like I fed her all day long for a couple days! She's also been spitting up a lot more lately; I can see why, as she's getting to where she gulps her meals down so fast. She doesn't really do many exciting things, except look like an angel, and make lots of funny faces when she's waking up and when she's doing her business. Despite her sweetness, she is the new boss of our house, without a doubt! I told Jay last night, "You don't know busy until you have a kid, huh?" It's like there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done! Even simple things, like the week's laundry, take two days instead of one afternoon, or cooking even the fastest dinner seems like way too much trouble. Those tasks really seem pretty unimportant now, though.

2 comments:

Lissa said...

You guys sound like you are doing great! Hang in there...I can't believe you are already back to work. But what a blessing to be able to take Claire with you! Does she do pretty well?
It is hard to get everything done...I remember that! It gets easier...not sure if you just get used to it or if it actually is just easier once they stop eating every couple of hours and get a little bigger. Probably both!

Anonymous said...

Though you are a working mom again, we think it's time for more Claire pics!! Aunt Neila and Allie