13 June 2007

Claire at work




I'm so sorry for the lag in posting. I've tried to post pics several times in the past week, and Blogger has not been letting me! Anyway, the first pic is of Claire in her Boppy on the floor of my office. She stays pretty happy, being passed from mother to grandmother to aunt, eating while I do things on the computer one-handed, and sleeping on her blanket or Boppy. The second pic is of my niece Abby holding Claire yesterday at Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw's house after church. The is the only picture I've managed to get of Claire smiling. It seems like she smiles a lot, but it's so difficult to tear yourself away from her, grab the camera, and then catch a smile! Plus, as soon as I put the camera in front of her face, she stares open-mouthed at it, and smiles are gone.

In the past week, she's started cooing quite often--that's got to be the sweetest sound known to man! Everyday, she seems more alert and aware of what is going on around her. It seems like her smiles are becoming more social, that is, in response to what we're doing, rather than what's going on inside her little body. She's also trying to hold her head up for longer periods of time. Jay loves to "work out" with her, holding her up to his shoulder to see how long she'll hold her head up, and holding her upright with her legs in his lap to see if she'll kick off a little. He likes to think she's waaay ahead of other babies in terms of her development...and the competition begins!

No comments: