17 July 2006

Sweat, Sunburns, and So much fun!

We had a long, fun weekend on Lake Texoma. Triple-digit-temperatures all weekend long!! Here are the highlights:

  • My 10-year-old niece Abby fell out of a tube (while it was being pulled) for the first time. Ah, a rite of passage I went through at about her age, to be followed by many, many, rough landings in Lake Texoma, due to my dad's tube-pulling method of making us hold on for our dear lives.
  • Zach, Abby, and I were starting an Uno game and discovered four blank cards, so we wrote up our own silly commands on them to inflict on each other. Abby's at first wrote down "Stick a licked sucker up your nose," but then Zach played that card on her, so she changed it to, "Draw two cards and spell PIG backwards and then say "funky colors." If you're under the age of 10, this is HILARIOUS every single time. Zach's said "Draw 9 cards and shout Zach is the king!"
  • I caught three fish on topwater all by myself! This is a little more difficult than just dropping a lure in deep, I think.
  • Steak night!! Kansas corn, fresh fruit, baked potatoes....yum!! The Maucks know how to cook a steak, let me tell you.

I loaded all my pictures from this weekend onto my Yahoo! Photos, so click on the link on the right to see them and even print them (there you go, Audrey!).

No comments: